Our Private Wealth Managers understand that if you are like most people, you dread the thought of paying more in taxes than you should have to. We work diligently to address the challenge of reducing your tax burden and to assist you in keeping more of your own money. Finding ways to intelligently and legally minimize the impact of taxation on your investments should reduce your total tax liability.
Tax preparation deals with sharing numbers that have already occurred on the tax forms in question, whereas tax planning is a continuous process that looks at your existing and expected situation to develop strategies to more tax efficiently arrange your affairs both now and in the future.
Tax planning can be much more robust, and today’s environment makes it even more critical. Our clients receive forward-thinking advice on a wide variety of tax reduction strategies based on their circumstances and goals. The questions we answer include, but are not limited to the following:
- What are the latest tax rates, and what do the future projections look like?
- From which account should withdrawals be made from first?
- How does your retirement income affect your Medicare premium?
- How is Social Security income taxed?
- Should I exercise my stock options now or wait?
We can help you understand how today’s decisions will impact your taxes now and in the future, structure your finances as tax-efficient as possible.
Alternatives commonly suitable for pursuing your financial goals while minimizing the impact of taxes include:
- Tax-deferred IRAs
- Tax-free or Tax-deferred Bonds
- Tax-free or Tax-deferred annuities
- Life Insurance
- Tax-diversified investment portfolios
- Tax harvesting
- Deferral or acceleration of income recognition where suitable
- Structuring and implementing charitable gift-giving and charitable trusts
LPL Financial and InVestra do not offer tax advice or services.
Death & Taxes
InVestra knows that there are only two certainties in life: Death & Taxes. We can help you plan for both, starting with a comprehensive tax strategy to help you pursue your financial goals.